Vietnam Blood Cake Camo Boonie hat

Ben@HI

Picked this up today and am trading it to a friend of mine but wanted to post it up before I did as it's something you really don't see very often.

post-100928-0-00399900-1519546510.jpg

post-100928-0-80613300-1519546521.jpg

post-100928-0-58913200-1519546534.jpg

post-100928-0-01179200-1519546543.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It was a pretty good deal for both of us, no problem posting it up. Plenty of folks have probably never seen one and its a pretty interesting hat and camo pattern. I know it's the first one I have had in hand.

vintageproductions

This pattern has numerous different names, Windproof ( as it is based on the WWII British windproof camo), sausage, bullet-proofs, airborne pattern and blood cake ( Mihn Lee's name for it). I'm sure there are lots of other collector made up nick names for it also.

Granted I am not a Vietnam collector but I have never heard this pattern called that before.

How did you learn of the name you use ?

No crickets just busy, Flea market day. Anyway honestly I can't remember exactly when I first heard it but it was probably less than 10 years or so ago at a VA gunshow. And probably from my buddy (the same guy that now has the hat) as that's what he calls it. Like I said I am not big into Vietnam collecting, if fact I sell or trade pretty much everything Vietnam I find. It just doesn't spark an interest with me personally. although I do like the different camo patterns used during Vietnam and you (Kammo-man) have some amazing uniforms. I just can't afford to get into that.