BEWARE camo airborne helmet on eBay

juodonnell2012

juodonnell2012

Looks like JKash may be back again operating under a new eBay user name. This helmet is listed on eBay and the pictures look odly similar to Jkash' s photo style and looks very similar to how he painted his items. The liner rim looks to show signs of artificial aging and I believe the inland liner was posted on the forum before without the accompanying helmet shell. Also I have followed Static line militaria for years and haven't seen a helmet like this pop up on there before there is a very similar one on their website but it looks like he copied it. Here's the link: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253448143524

juodonnell2012

Compared to the static line helmet and the one offered by Jkash claiming the one for sale is the same helmet, the overpainted white "number?" is on the opposite side, the liner is different, the camo scheme appears to be different, and there is no sign of the dent in the top. It seems he copied the example on static line's website and is trying to pass it off as the real deal. Guess he didn't learn from the first time around. It's a shame especially since it already has bids on it.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, I believe they are two different helmets. The helmet Kashetta is offering has been posted on this forum quite some time ago and was also listed on his previous website. Selles military offered the helmet you’re talking about just a few weeks ago. Also, I am also familiar with Selles, have even been in their store in Normandy, and while I was there they showed me some extraordinary helmets which they never listed on their website. So it could be that this helmet is on of them and the reason why you haven't seen it before.

Besides, not every helmet Kashetta offered was a fake. I remember a certain MP helmet and a AAAO m1 which he also offered and the general concensus was those were the real deal.

Don’t get me wrong, what he did was utterly disgusting, but I do think it would be a bad thing to immediatly judge a helmet to be fake just because it's coming from him. A legit helmet might get destroyed in the process.

Yes, you indeed have a good point about the liner. But even if the set is a 'mariage', doesn't necessarily mean the shell itself is not genuine. All I'm trying to say is that the helmet, in my humble opinion, should be 'looked at' with an open mind.

Burning Hazard

The brown staining on the stainless steel rim is what bothers me; it's usually a sign that an artificial ageing wash has been applied to the shell.

post-8715-0-21679500-1519521887_thumb.jpg

Burning Hazard

judonnell, it's 100% ok to question helmets, especially if they are coming from someone like jkash who admitted to faking many airborne helmets. Yes he did have originals mixed in, and it's extremely sad that those might end up getting labelled as fake (which already happened here before).

I'm just pointing out things that bother me visually and I'm open to discussion whether I'm right or wrong, would like to know for sure, otherwise this helmet will keep me suspicious.

Pat

Ah ok thanks Archangel must have missed out on his other username.

Thankyou for pointing this out

This thread will help others to avoid this seller like the plague

D.C

Kind of sickening that, even after what happened here, he hasn't changed his ways and is still a horrible person. Good riddance.

+1

Whats more sickening is going over his responses and threads , they are a valuable insight into how these people operate but hard to read.

To Any new collector or Person new to this forum I would really take the time to go through all threads posted by JKash so you can Learn to spot some of the ways he faked helmets.

BigDogMilitaria

This was like the ultimate heel turn in old time wrestling . He’s seemed to fully embrace the shade . Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very mature attitude considering the amount of money he made off members here and the massive long term impact he's caused to the helmet collecting community.

Are we sure though that it's legit? With what Jamie has done in the past I wouldn't be comfortable buying anything from him ever again.

Hunt

Burning Hazard

Don't give him the attention he so craves.

Just point out any of his forgeries so beginners don't get fooled; after all he's the new easy_green of the hobby.

Pat