1949 Camillus Stainless US Army 17-170A Prototype Knife

cmt04444

• 2 weeks later...

i am not sure how to upload a picture on here. but its in very good shape. the ebay pictures werent very good at all, and i got it cleaned up since i received it. if you search ebay for 1949 camillus, then sold listings you can see it. if you would like to, you can send me an email, i will send you pictures of it, maybe you know how to upload them? [email protected]

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2016 at 7:38 PM, Misfit 45 said:

Yes, the US Marine Corps. marked pocket knives are WWII. Some are marked on the bail and some are not. Kingston made both the Army and Marine Corps. knives whether they are marked Kingston or not. Stevenson is the other maker of these WWII knives and they are marked US on the scales, one side or both, and "Stevenson" on the bail. All the WWII knives of this type have brass liners. The only (as far as I know) post war knife that has brass liners is marked "Ulster-48" on the bail. (clevis is the correct term) and I never know if it's bail or bail. I enjoy collecting these little knives.

Marv

What kind of value would you put on the US Marine Corp knives?

1 hour ago, Larry591 said:

What kind of value would you put on the US Marine Corp knives?

Well, condition is important, so the estimate of worth is a little broad.  I see them on ebay from $40-65.  I think I paid around $80 for one a few years ago

Marv

1 hour ago, Misfit 45 said:

Well, condition is important, so the estimate of worth is a little broad.  I see them on ebay from $40-65.  I think I paid around $80 for one a few years ago

Marv

I guess I did good then. I just picked one up for $35. Thanks