What do I have?

GatorDoc

Hey guys,

While digging through my local USMC salvage yard, I stumbled upon several large containers of helicopter parts. Seats, skids, stretcher assemblies, etc...
Mixed in with all this was a large container of these panels. I picked a few of them up because they were "named". Any ideas what this came off of? This salvage yard is almost exclusively USMC however a few Navy parts show up from time to time. I appreciate any ideas or advice.
G

post-5213-0-73077400-1519354537_thumb.jpeg

No idea what that's off, but very much looking for a glare shield from a Huey Cobra instrument panel. Will be painted black with a 209- part number! Much appreciated if you dig one out! I'll check to see if I can ID your part. Any numbers on it?

Just a wild guess, but it looks like a panel that would swing open, such as for when landing gear is extended. Any fittings on the back?

Thanks Gil,

No fittings on the back. Lots of holes where pop rivets were though. These have me stumped. They are definitely aircraft and were in a large conex of all helicopter parts that had just been released from a local USMC base as salvage. I thought at first they were the aircraft version of "fender skirts" that retracted to cover landing gear but cant find anything like it. Maybe something like a Sea Stallion? There are lots of Ospreys being retrofitted there but doesnt seem to fit them either. The most confusing part for me is that is that they were mixed in with lots of Venom, Viper, and Super Cobra parts. But dont seem to belong on any of them