CIB, lead and safety pin repair

Brian Keith

I recently picked up a uniform with this repaired CIB. I thought it was an interesting period done repair. They stand quite proud from the uniform. I think the ribbons are British Made.

Thanks for looking.

BKW

post-1549-0-34492800-1518891013_thumb.jpg

post-1549-0-15340700-1518891033_thumb.jpg

post-1549-0-74870900-1518891063_thumb.jpg

1st Infantry Division, might be British Made also. Not typical US construction. Oddly, it carries Signal Corps collar disks. It has either been "messed with", soldier was reclassified from Infantry to Signal, or somehow, he was awarded the CIB. I know at least one Cavalry regiment was awarded the CIB in Burma. I wonder if any of the non-infantry guys that were thrown into the line during the Battle of the Bulge were awarded the CIB. The uniform doesn't have a direct ID, several laundry numbers in the shirt and trousers that came with it.

Thanks for your comments.

BKW

post-1549-0-67605400-1518902118.jpg

Being wounded he may have been assigned to a different unit(Signals) if not fully fit for combat?

I have a radio guys FSSF group and he was awarded the CIBIts on his discharge I recall.When he ended up in the 474th he wore signal collar brass

Excellent thought Doyler! Good possibility since the ribbon indicates two Purple Hearts. Bill, no, I'm not teasing about the uniform, this post was actually about the CIB. I'll post the whole thing in the uniforms section.

Thanks!

BKW

post-1549-0-96903500-1518908669.jpg

But, just for you!