Are these guns Civil War?

manayunkman

The Remington is (I think) a New Model Army Revolver made between 1863-1875, with 132,000 made in total. Because it is martially marked with the inspector's cartouche on the left grip and various sub-inspector's marks throughout, it is definitely a U.S.military contract pistol. Whether or not it was in fact produced during or after the civil war is a question I can't answer. I also can't suggest a current value but a range for that should be available on the 'net from various sites. The 1849 Colt was made from 1850-1873, total of 325,000. With a serial of 284,547, I doubt it was made during the war. These pocket models were very popular with Civil War soldiers(esp. cavalry) to carry as a back-up pistol. This one appears to be in reasonable condition, with little original finish left. My guess on value would be $400-600. Again, I have not been active in this market for many years, so with any luck, it may be worth a little more today. If you have a chance to get to the SOS show in Louisville, there is also an excellent, very large gun show there on Sat.-Sun. It would be the perfect place to get more info. and a better idea on value of all these pistols. Good Luck.

P.S.--Too bad the Colt Richard's was not in better condition and not one of the martially marked pistols. Even the civilian ones are big $ today.

Remington value 1500 or more or less?

IMO more, especially to a CW collector.

All of them are pretty decent to me. The holes on the cylinder notches on the Richards-Mason conversion will hurt the value of it somewhat, but both Colts have decent cylinder scenes and the metal isnt pitted up and fairly ding-free.