New from U.P. Michigan

dave307

Hi, Im Dave from the upper peninsula of Michigan. Yoopers for short. I have already made a few post so now I believe I should introduce myself. My main interest is bayonets especially 16in. Ones. Also military knives from WW 1 & 2 and gear mostly WW 1. I also just started to collect Air Force wings. I also have a collection of manuals from ww1. I hope I can show some unique items from time to time and share it with the forum. Also thanks to the people who have helped me so far and the ones who will in the future.

Nothing right now. But in the future I want to buy a uniform and helmet. I have most of the personal gear with some extras. The bayonets and fighting knifes I have.

WELCOME Dave! I've been a U.S. WW1 collector for about 30 years now and look forward to seeing your manuals and those big beautiful bayonets! Happy to help if I can.

Welcome to the forum. I was stationed at K.I. Sawyer AFB south of Marquette for 40 months back in the late 1960's. Both my kids

are yoopers. Great memories of the UP. I think your going to like it here on the forum.

My wife is a Yooper from Menominee, but I won’t hold it against you!

My Dad's side of the family is from Menominee. Do you go there quite often? If you've ever seen a place called Anderson's Auto Shop that is my Grandpa's place. I posted his Air Force stuff in the groupings forum.

Jacob Anderson

• 3 weeks later...
THREEDFLYER

I have lots of inlaws in the Iron Mountain area last names are Hicks, Kusmitch and Wenzel.....Welcome Eh!!

Jacob-

My wife does not remember Anderson’s auto repair. Her parents remember it, but were not customers. The family left for Oregon in the early 1960s.

Jacob-

My wife does not remember Anderson’s auto repair. Her parents remember it, but were not customers. The family left for Oregon in the early 1960s.

Thanks for the update, it's defiantly a small world.

Spent a huge part of my life (50 years) in Detour Village at the far eastern tip of Da Yoop. My Dad just sold the house last October... Made me sad. My middle Son graduates this year from high school and has been accepted to NMU. So, I guess I will continue to spend more time there. Welcome aboard and please check out the Michigan Military Heritage Museum on Facebook, we need some love :P Scott.

MI guy here, from Metro Detroit area, but LOVE the UP..Calumet area especially! SO beautiful there!

Bayonet lover here too..the M1917 version especially when fixed to a 1897 12 gauge! (don't have either...YET..;) ) I myself love MK2 Fighting knives.

Welcome!