HGU-56/P direct from vet

viking73

Hi,

I wanted to share my latest pickup with you guys, a current issue U.S. Army HGU-56/P. I bought the helmet direct from the vet - a CH-47 Chinook door gunner - and it was worn in Afghanistan during his tour there in 2014 - 2015. It's a bit dirty from use but I'm going to leave it just as I received it!

post-5482-0-79263100-1518566610_thumb.jpg

post-5482-0-41818800-1518566645_thumb.jpg

He also threw in a two piece flight suit, all patched up, that I now have hanging next to the helmet. Since he's still on active duty I covered up the name tape.

The former owner promised to send me a picture of him wearing the helmet and to write up something about his tour/service at the time. I will keep this with the helmet and flight suit so its history won't be lost...

I was really trying to cut back on my helmet buying as I'm running out of display room but just I couldn't say no to this one! Plus I didn't have an HGU-56/P yet, so... :)

Thanks for looking!

-Derek

post-5482-0-79911500-1518566991_thumb.jpg

Great pick up. Originally patched multicam uniforms and flight suits are difficult to find. Most have had the stripped, "added", or are incomplete. Direct from Vet acquisition takes all the mystery out of it.