new collectors wings

dave307

The third one down has upswept wings. I will try and get better pictures. I have a sunroom that’s great for pictures however right now it’s covered in snow. Will do the command pilot tomorrow.

The glider badge is English-made, and is likely one of the gems in this collection. Also the command pilot looks to be an early one, maybe from WWII, but more than likely from the Korean War period.

Re: The two parachute wings shown above. The basic jump wings are WWII era and are commonly known as "Graduation Wings". They are only marked sterling and are not identified by maker (presumably to not show favoritism to any particular manufacturer).

They are probably the most frequently encountered type of WWII jump wings.

The Senior parachutist badge you have was made by General Products and has an intertwined "GP" hallmark. The senior (and Master) parachutist badges were authorized in Jan 1950 and well after WWII. The Senior GP hallmarked Jump wings you have is a fairly scarce example, so congratulations on another good find in your collection.

After some more research I believe the first 2 targetless wings are leVelle any thoughts on this ?

I think their leVelle because of some other posts on this forum about leVelle and the placing of the sterling mark matches where a leVelle is and looking at the stamp sterling it matches up with leVelle sterling mark.

Thanks guys for the help. I have been reading as many older posts that I can find.

Is this 2 inch navigator wing a beverly wing? the pin is backward but no palm tree. If not what other companies made wings with the lock reversed ? Personally I like this wing.

post-167936-0-19830200-1518988595.jpgpost-167936-0-60609300-1518988608.jpgpost-167936-0-36989100-1518988627.jpgpost-167936-0-95154700-1518988642.jpg

Also Beverlycraft had 1.5" wings not 2" wings. Most but not all 1.5" Beverlycraft wings have a palm tree pattern across their entire reverse sides too, and will have the pins mounted on the left sides and catches on the right sides.

Patchcollector

I have a full sized Wing in my collection that has the reversed pinback assembly.It is'nt Beverly Craft,and came that way from the "factory".I guess some Wings were just made that way.

Bell Trading Post was a wing and other military insignia supplier during WWII through sometime post-war time. The company is often just referred to as Bell and their wings have a very distinctive style. The shoulders on the wings are rounded and each side has three notches. On the feathers, there is fine detail that almost looks like a wood grain. The Navigator wing in post 34 clearly shows these features. The pilot, gunner and aircrew wings from Bell are some of the most common, but in my opinion still some of the most beautiful.