Greetings from CT, USA

HelmetguyCT

Hello everyone,

I am a fairly young collector at age 30 but have been collecting since I was 8 years old. I have been fascinated with world war 1 &2 forever. I am starting to shift to collecting United States War items recently. Good to be here

Hello Helmetguyct.

As a native Nutmegger, welcome to the Constitution State. :rolleyes:

There will be a Militaria Show and Flea Market on May 18,19,20th at 6 Rubber Ave Naugatuck Friday 4-8 Sat 9-6 Sun 9-3.

Military Vehicles are invited too.

This is a new location for the 'Old" Stratford Gun Show sponsored by the Original Stratford Gun Collectors Association.

SteveT

tdogchristy90

Hello everyone,

I am a fairly young collector at age 30 but have been collecting since I was 8 years old. I have been fascinated with world war 1 &2 forever. I am starting to shift to collecting United States War items recently. Good to be here

As a fellow 30-ion and WW1/WW2 nut. Welcome!

Hello Helmetguyct.

There will be a Militaria Show and Flea Market on May 18,19,20th at 6 Rubber Ave Naugatuck Friday 4-8 Sat 9-6 Sun 9-3.

This is a new location for the 'Old" Stratford Gun Show sponsored by the Original Stratford Gun Collectors Association.

SteveT

Hello Helmetguyct.

SteveT

Welcome! What primarily do you collect?

I am into camo helmets, Insignias, camouflage and pins. I have mostly german items in my collection. I want to learn more about the American items To diversify the collection.

What do you collect?

I collect drums and freestyle bikes... I'm here to learn about my Dad's time in, and also to try and find the deck jacket he let me use back in the 80's. I (last night) got the second question addressed but still digging for info on Dad.

He had a few things collected, some of which I have, such as his massive brass plaque from the Grand Canyon, a few photos (one is my avatar) and helmets and other stuff I do not have at the moment.

I also have some insignia/patches that were his, including a USS John Hood patch still in the original bag. I'm not sure why he had that other than I believe that to be a destroyer, and the Grand Canyon was a destroyer tender. It is possible at some point he was tending that ship but I have very little info at the moment. My other post is the most detail I've been able to find so far.