WWI USMC Painted Helmets with EGAs

teufelhunde.ret

• 1 year later...

Oh my, that 5th Supply helmet is exceptional.  

That is a couple of smokin' bell crowns in the background too.  

Thank you.  :)

Here is mine that I posted several years ago. I was given the grouping in 1971 from the widow and wore it in 1973 for the Veterans Day parade float in Grand Forks ND. Rode the entire way with the last surviving North Dakota veteran of the Spanish American War

41210672-3428-42CD-970A-F06B2295906B.jpeg

3BC86CBA-8969-4402-A734-4761BD01FBB2.jpeg

8428E45C-E7A0-415A-8B99-C4E8727667C0.jpeg

Beautiful grouping, textbook 2/6 helmet by the same hand as the one depicted in Oregon1911 avatar above.  Thanks for sharing. 

On 4/4/2021 at 12:11 PM, French Sam said:

Congrats ! Great group ! 👍

Indeed.

Thanks for sharing,

Cody

Here is my latest.  Identified to Harry W. Ourant 67th Company who was involved in the 67th Company's assault on Hill 142 in the predawn hours of June 6, 1918.  He was later WIA outside of Vierzy on July 18, 1918.  

Untitled design (91).png

Ourant helmet 7.jpg

Ourant Helmet 4.jpg

Ourant helmet 2.jpg

Ourant Helmet 3.jpg

Here's another from my collection belonging to Pvt. Walter Hamm 8th MG Co.  ( the chin strap is not pulled over the brim, that is how it was acquired from the family and the photos were not taken by me).

Hamm 5.jpg

Hamm 6.jpg

Hamm 7.jpg

• 7 months later...

New 5th Marines Supply helmet added to the collection. Its an early British Brody, no chin strap, but I like it. I have looked for a green square for about a decade. These supply helmets are tough to come by. I am two shy from completing the collection representing every company. So if anyone knows where I can find a purple diamond (Machine gun -I think 79th company if IIRC) and a composite battalion helmet, please, please sing out!

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

• 9 months later...
On 1/18/2011 at 10:27 AM, normaninvasion said:

Mark, Thank you very much!!! That is something to go on. One of The Brass Hat histories I don't have! Maybe the brown paint was unique to the 78th? Hope some other Marine collectors will weigh in about this. Will have to do further research on George Boyd, glad to know this, jeff

I was going through this old topic and saw this. I wonder if this is your guy? It looks to be engraved Lt HF Boyd or Lt RF Boyd. 

7C0455DD-CAC5-4FA0-B744-07D02995C55D.jpeg

• 1 month later...