New Book on The Model 1918 Mark1 Trench Knife and Variations

John121

New book out,, The Model 1918 Mark 1 Trench Knife and Variiations by Greg Aloisio.

This is long over due book 306 pages, hard cover (large format).

Front Cover

post-149520-0-09351800-1518046653_thumb.jpeg

Rear Cover

post-149520-0-86239700-1518046706_thumb.jpeg

Chapter 6 Variations

This chapter displays Privately Made Knuckle Knives for WWII .

post-149520-0-69652100-1518376401.jpg

These Trade School Knives were made in the likeness of the M1918Mk1.

post-149520-0-69491900-1518376455.jpg

Book will be on sale at SOS 22-24 Feb and Baltimore Antique Arms Show 17-18 March 2018.

Book price $55.00

Also can be order from Greg , email [email protected]

Book price $55.00 plus shipping.

Who will have it for sale at the SoS? (I.e., which vendor/table?) I'll be there and definitely need this. :)

looks like a nice book. It would be great if you could post the author or vendors table at the SOS. I believe this to be a Woroniecki knife, it was carried by a friends uncle who was a USMC Raider. Marines must have liked them.

post-2641-0-63386800-1518642629_thumb.jpg

Thank you for looking at this Thread.

The Author name is Greg Aloisio, he will be present at SOS table P8, aisle P table 8.

Any changes to Table location at SOS will update here.

Frank Trzaska

Greg has done a great job of documenting the knives and their differences in this book, even us old dogs learned a few new bits in here. Good clear photos help to distinguish the patterns of the markings and the fonts as well as a load of period photos showing the knives being worn. Well Done Greg!

I just got my copy.

Very impressive book! Great color photography and a lot of detailed information about the Mark I trench knife and its variations.

Even if you don't own one of these knives you will want this book in your reference library!

Greg did a great job on this one.

I received my copy this morning.This is indeed a very good work - a must have for any collector or who is interested in the m1918 Trench Knife.

My collector buddy text me a couple of hours ago from the SOS. He said the book was great, and he'd pick me up a copy. Should have it Monday morning. Can't wait! SKIP

Went over and picked up the book from my buddy this morning. WOW! Well worth the $55, tons of pictures, most of which we haven't seen before. Very impressive ! SKIP

I want to thank all forum members and collectors who stopped by to say hello and purchase my book on "The Model 1918 Mark 1 Trench Knife and Variations".

It was nice to be able to put faces on the members who participate on the forum and meet fellow collectors from around the world.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Greg Aloisio

Greg- Finished reading the book this morning. Really enjoyed it. The rare WW1 & WW2 photos, the color pics of the various trench knives, the subtle differences in variations, and the information in general, really filled in some gaps for me. Also, thanks for the personal autograph. One of these days I won't be working during the SOS, and can get over there and meet everyone. Thanks for putting out a great book for collectors! SKIP