Leaving the Chosin Reservoir Completed

tsweeney

On 27th Nov. 50, thousands of Chinese troops swarmed over the frozen Yalu River, on the N. Korean/Chinese border, cutting off US Marines in the Chosin Reservoir area. Over the next ten days the Marines, with air support from both the Navy and Marine Air Wings, fought their way out of the trap to Hungnman and safety.

post-8684-0-84104700-1518035791.jpg

post-8684-0-08282900-1518035810.jpg

Very nice...a very close family friend of my wifes father was at Chosin...he was wounded and was so frozen he was loaded onto a truck assuming he was dead...he says he must have moved a little because he was told they grabbed him off the truck and he went to a first aid station...cant imagine what they went thru....

My brother was a Corpsman at the Choisin He said it was so cold the the blood froze on the bandages and saved many Marines

Tom

OK Tom, that's not fair. Now it looks really freakin' cold. You did a nice job with the snow effect.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Tom, thanks for the info! Your dio turned out great. I suggest to cover the modeling clay you used for fixing the figures to the base with snow also to make it perfect.

Lars

Outstanding job.. I see my uncle who was a 19year old machine gunner in that figure you created. He also was a member of the Chosen Few. Thank you.

Outstanding job.. I see my uncle who was a 19year old machine gunner in that figure you created. He also was a member of the Chosen Few. Thank you.

That post says it all.

Semper Fi.

Manny

I think this is an OUTSTANDING diorama and your modeling skills are impeccable. I have a couple of small critiques after having had to ride in a jeep in the snow. You've got the wheels down pat, but I would suggest a nice ridge of snow where the windshield meets the chassis. This always got a lot of snow build up. The other place where snow built up rapidly was in the open area right next to the front seats. These areas should be just full of snow as you can't keep it out and it just keeps piling up as you drive along. My final jeep critique is the windshield. The glass always gets dirty, smudged or frosty along where the windshield wipers don't touch. Even in pristine snow, the glass gets foggy or dirty pretty darned fast.

Keep up the excellent work and I hope you don't mind the suggestions- everyone's a critic right?

Allan