VEST, SURVIVAL, EQUIPMENT TYPE SV-2A

Mashsig

Also as for what your vests are worth - they are both dated during the Vietnam War!  Which in my opinion makes them more valuable than either of the vests currently listed on eBay.  The SV-2B vest is dated 2001 and the seller has it listed for $249.00 as an Air Force vest!  If the seller had only joined this forum or obtained a copy of Breuninger's book they could have avoided miss-labeling the vest as an Air Force vest.

I'd like to get the 69 dated one but as cheap as I am, and there are several here who will verify that, I probably would not want to pay what it is worth. 

camouflageandtiedye
58 minutes ago, Mashsig said:

Also as for what your vests are worth - they are both dated during the Vietnam War!  Which in my opinion makes them more valuable than either of the vests currently listed on eBay.  The SV-2B vest is dated 2001 and the seller has it listed for $249.00 as an Air Force vest!  If the seller had only joined this forum or obtained a copy of Breuninger's book they could have avoided miss-labeling the vest as an Air Force vest.

thank you for your response! I suppose my mistakenly thinking the two vest I have were different shades comes from the different colored strap used on each. the earlier model has more brownish straps and tabs throughout giving it a more two tone look (I'm personally a big fan of an two tone/transitional gear and uniforms).

I saw that 2001 dated vest listed as well - I'm seeing ~$100 for used examples, so I am thinking the ones I have could potentially go for $150+ if I put them up for auction. 

The longer they sit here with me the less likely I am to release them back out into the world so if I'm going to do so I should do it soon!