Early T handle shovel M1910

Pbaczuk

• 7 months later...

Ron I have one of these shovels as well and the color is a spot on match to the color on yours. Mine also came in a 1910 RIA Cover like yours but with a standard wire belt hanger.

Ronnie

Ron, I'm wondering of your shovels were put together by Bannerman so he could sell the covers?

Anything is possible.Just curious if Bannerman would stamp the shovels US ?

Anything is possible.Just curious if Bannerman would stamp the shovels US ?

If it would help sell them, yes!

I have one of these shovels too and would love to know the true story behind it.

• 2 years later...
sgt_carbonero

Hi All, I would appreciate your input on a T-handel shovel I just acquired that has some mystery surrounding it. The cover is marked 1918, but the wire attachment hook was never added at the factory (you can see the "L" shaped mark showing where it should be sewn on at the factory). Why no attachment? strange. Also, I have found no US markings on the shovel although it matches many of the pictures on here as an early T-Handle. Can you guys please look and let me know what you think? This is the best resource with knowledgeable people I have found on this subject so far. Thank you!

sgt_carbonero

Sorry, I just learned I cannot post outside of this forum, Here is the strange T-Handel shovel I just mentioned:

Hi All, I would appreciate your input on a T-handel shovel I just acquired that has some mystery surrounding it. The cover is marked 1918, but the wire attachment hook was never added at the factory (you can see the "L" shaped mark showing where it should be sewn on at the factory). Why no attachment? strange. Also, I have found no US markings on the shovel although it matches many of the pictures on here as an early T-Handle. Can you guys please look and let me know what you think? This is the best resource with knowledgeable people I have found on this subject so far. Thank you!

1NRIlU8.png

JzTb93f.png

Pfu6sX8.png

poyDjik.jpeg

lN8PFiG.png

44RpgPl.png

qQ5qDBK.png

FaWu4jl.png

igbf2Zp.png

NRby9SL.png

xjBh8Oa.png

nzDwWN7.png