101st Helmet? Any thoughts?

joefriday22

Hello folks,

Any thoughts on this? I can't read the lot number. Lots of pictures in different light. Liner is Westinghouse with a 14 over it. I didn't have any of these earlier liners in my collection so I took a chance on it.

Best,

Rob

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

IMG_5349.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

Curious why there is a halo around the battalion insignia? To me it appears the insignia was never white. There are several shades of paint that have been removed from the helmet and insignia. A wash? Fireld cammo? Dunno. Curious what others think.

Dave

It's hard to tell in the pictures but the top of the helmet and inside appear to be burnt(?). I have never handled a helmet that was cooked in but I imagine it to look a bit like what I see in this.. No idea.

Thank you Stealth.. I knew it was a long shot and I knew it most likely had issues that concerned the experts otherwise I wouldn't have won it. However, I also knew that it was an early fixed bail with an early style liner that I didn't have an example of in my collection. Worse case scenario is that the insignia is totally faked and I paid a little too much for a decent old helmet. O'well..