Hello and looking for details on US Navy Mark IV flight suit etc

dogstar

Hello and glad to be here...I am in process of trying to fabricate a "museum quality" replica of the US Navy Mark IV full pressure suit and its attendant equipment...most particularly the Mark 4 life preserver, the helmet and the suit itself. As many of you may know, the suit was the foundation for the early Mercury space program suits and I am also interested in creating one of those suits next but wanted to start with fabricating this first. I have read with interest a few threads with some great history on these suits but would love to chat with folks that have actual access to these objects as I would love to get details of measurements, materials and actual configuration so that I can choose the right materials and configurations to be faithful to the originals...it would be great if I lived near the Air and Space museum in DC, but I don't (live in the Chicago area)...so, hello and very glad to be here. Feel free to PM me with anything you might feel would be helpful...

thanks

Georgepost-176931-0-01992000-1517854527.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi...yes some but still looking for any assistance I can get...I did get some photos emailed from Air and Space Museum of which many are already online but they are very hi-rez...

why do you ask? Can I help you with anything or is it just curiosity?

I am looking for the USAF version of this suit AP-22S-3....which is identical but in Orange. Was considering making one as well so didnt know if you had made progress on suit with patterns etc.

Hi...I am still just in the research and planning stages of the suit configuration and details...and are you sure the AP-22S is Orange?

can you post a link to an image of it online?

thanks for jumping in on this project...I appreciate your interest

George