Team 162 ARVN airborne advisors group.

aussie digger

aussie digger

Sorry I missed the last comment. Yes from what I can see he spent a fair bit of time sidelined after the accident though he definitely had a long and varied career. With the Europe side of things I wonder if he was stationed in Europe with the 7th Signal brigade that a few of his uniforms are patched with but im not sure.

post-51559-0-66691800-1517763785_thumb.jpg

What a wonderful grouping,

congratulations on a pretty momentous find and thank you for taking the time to share it with us, that’s made my weekend .

Yours, Guy.

Now That's a Grouping if there ever was one!

Fortunately I got the 1971 yearbook for the Fort Leavenworth C&GS College. Would you like me to scan and post his portrait here?

aussie digger

Now That's a Grouping if there ever was one!

Fortunately I got the 1971 yearbook for the Fort Leavenworth C&GS College. Would you like me to scan and post his portrait here?

That would be awesome if you get the chance! Thank you.

That would be awesome if you get the chance! Thank you.

Will do, will do it sometime tomorrow, with the added bonus of him with his wife and kids. In these yearbooks, students always pose with their family, if they're bachelors, then there's just some kind of logo, like sometimes the branch insignia of the officer where the photo of the family would be.

Congrats on this grouping.

The Windproof is of course my interest and it is a perfect example of the 2nd pattern print.

The boonie hat is the 1st pattern, and the lining is sweet.

owen

vintageproductions

Be careful, you have a very tough to find set of camo and it is very pricey.

I am sure you will get bombarded with people making offers.

The boonie is a killer.

aussie digger

Thank you all very much! And Patches, thank you so much for those scans! Great to see a pic of him later in his career!

And thank you. I knew just enough about these to be dangerous so fortunately I had a rough idea on the value of the wind proof set though I have been amazed by the amount of interest in it anyway.

And thank you for the comments on the boonie, would this be a custom piece as I havent been able to find one like it.

For a mannequin display would using the carbine pouches in the group be appropriate for this stage of the war?

Thanks

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
nguoi tien su

I was lucky to get another part of Col. Rhoades's estate and this desirable Windproof set..

rhoade11.jpg

I am waiting for photos of his OG-107s (MACV), patches and boots.