Team 162 ARVN airborne advisors group.

aussie digger

aussie digger

Hi All,

I have never really sought VN era militaria but I always wanted to do a torso or mannequin to compliment the WW2 and modern displays. With help from a friend I was able to keep together a large chunk of this grouping from a gentleman who served with MAC-V in 1966. Looking at his obituary I believe he served with team 162 at the same time as Norman Schwarzkopf.

It looks as if he had a varied career spending time in infantry, armor and signals.

It looks as if he threw away very little and what I was able to obtain spans his entire career.

Thank you for looking and any additional info on his service would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

post-51559-0-99827600-1517747191_thumb.jpg

Patchcollector

Nice group.Gotta love the muddy Combat boots. ^_^ He had a great career,I'm kind of surprised he didn't make General.Rest in Peace Hero.

vintageproductions

The windproof set is killer.

I am not 100% sure, but I think I have one of his just post VN uniforms. Will have to double check.

aussie digger

Thank you all, I feel very lucky to have been able to keep together as much of his stuff as I have, there are also a couple of pieces I still need to photograph.

I would love to see the postwar uniform you picked up. A few nice bits got away before I was able to pick them up.

Here are some more photos of the windproofs.

post-51559-0-40788400-1517762010_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a career! Infantry, Armor, Signal, and the Naval War College. Alaska, Vietnam, Korea... interestingly nothing in Europe, but that was not unusual as officers and NCO's often took either an Asian or European career track. It reads like his Vietnam experience may have been limited due to his accident, but he sure made up for that with his continued career.