KIA Gold Star wing

wartimecollectables.com

wartimecollectables.com

I've owned two wings presentation engraved to the families of WWII KIA's but haven't seen this done before Has anyone else seen one like this?

post-93-0-31243000-1517603603_thumb.jpg

post-93-0-77008400-1517603615_thumb.jpg

Andrew, while I did not dig my wings out, I DID find a thread I had done on them back in 2009 when I first obtained them.

Since then, if memory serves me right, I did enough research (need to dig out the research too) to determine that my guy IS the one I thought he was, the Pacific Theater B-25 pilot. I also recall that I was able to determine that he had a sister if memory serves me right, who eventually lived not super far from where I turned these up.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37508-unique-engraved-ww2-pilot-wings-from-a-kia/?hl=%2Bgold+%2Bstar+%2Bwings

My guess is that it was a local jeweler done thing. I had considered that maybe someone in the country perhaps advertised these in a magazine or something along those lines, and thus did a lot of them, but the small number of these that seem to turn up makes me think "local done" only.