M-1918 Trench Knife What am I missing?

jprostak

I don't know! It is a repro as you can see JAPAN on the blade couple that with Potamac Arms (which sold repros) someone is spending a lot of money for junk.

To play devil's advocate, could the high bids be due to someone wanting it since it is still boxed and with invoice?

While it is not a US issue knife, perhaps someone is looking to replace one they had 50 years ago?

Good grief ! Somebody got ripped off . Be prepared to see a rush of repro MK1s for sale, with insane Buy Now prices. I bought one just like it about 40 years ago for about $10, and that was high. It does look like shill bidding. SKIP

I was thinking J.A.PAN was a rare maker... :rolleyes::D:blink:

Seriously though maybe someone is looking at this as a example of of "Vietnam era private purchase knife" in the packing as it appears the invoice is dated 1966.I know a couple vets who sent off and got these out of a gun magazine and had them in Vietnam.

Hi everyone, I've had my trench knife for a long time and first started looking at the prices on the web about 10 years ago out of curiosity. I was really surprised to see how much they were going for. It seems parts can bring a couple hundred, very poor condition knives I see sold in the $400 range and as condition improves so goes the sales price, the highest sale price I've seen is around $1000 for a 95% condition genuine lf&c 1918 complete with blade scabbard that was missing pins. I've watched a similar blade remain listed on one of the trader sites for around $1495 and a slightly better knife for sale for around $1695 if I'm remembering correctly both listed for sale for around a year that I've seen and both still available last I looked. I agree, definitely something fishy...