New Army Master Gunner Badge

PATCHRAT

looks like the Army is working on authorizeing a new badge for all master gunners.

Not a done deal yet but its on the way

"The badge proposal still needs to be staffed and signed off by Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley and Army Secretary Mark Esper. There is no projected date for fielding as of now, Minitrez said."

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/01/30/army-plans-to-roll-out-new-master-gunner-badge-for-qualified-soldiers/

post-1604-0-66333800-1517504364.jpg

post-1604-0-66333800-1517504364.jpg

Another badge? I think the Army has gone overboard.

How about a Master Gunner bar for the marksmanship badge, or something a little simpler?

How about a Master Gunner bar for the marksmanship badge, or something a little simpler?

Completely agree. Muddled design and a new badge that just clutters the uniform even more. Issue a Master Gunner bar for the marksmanship badge or issue marksmanship badges in gold for Master Gunner qualified Soldiers. Gold badge with Tank Weapons = Tank Master Gunner. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I like the look of the badge. Don't think another badge is needed, but it looks good, especially with the M1 Garand.

Hunt

Agreed, like there isn't enough clutter on the dress uniform, I guess they'll be a subdued version too.