DCU uniform Navy Seal name Col.Walters

capt.maddog

Is this stuff ever for sale on EBAY ...............

The problem with the stuff on eBay is that a tailor could put together one of these uniforms for someone as everything is still available. If you then wash it a couple of times you really can't tell if it is real or put together. In addition many times the real ones lack a name tape.

I did a check on the Internet and found three Seals with the last name of Walters. One is a Master Chief (Derrick Walters) so we can probably eliminate him and the second is Brett Walters but I couldn't find anything indicating his former rank. My guess is the third person identified as Retired Commander Kevin C. Walters.

Note the Medical Corps insignia. They were a SEAL and then became a doctor...so I'd look for a Dr. Walters, retired CDR or CAPT (these were often not updated with rank as they were only worn in specific locations and once out of that area, not worn again...some of my camo uniforms are still with LT rank...and I haven't actually worn that rank in 10+ years).

Also, no need for a tailor on these...plenty of people, including me...sew on their own insignia (better than waiting multiple weeks for someone else to do it...)