Big Purple Heart News

tarbridge

That’s excellent news to hear! However as Dave said, we cannot let our guard down. As we have been energized by this victory, PHR will be energized to come back even stronger.

doinworkinvans

Oh, and also, we ALL owe a HUGEEEE thank you to our very own Robert Wilson for all his time and effort in the pushback effort. Thanks from all of us Rob!

The problem with the legislation of course is that no one... I mean no one would comply with that unconstitutional law.

Veterans would ignore it... vet widows would ignore it... vet families would ignore it.... we would ignore it... everyone would ignore it... and gladly wait for the opportunity to take the law to court and prove that it is the most stupid law ever attempted.

THANK GOD we still have some intelligent people in Washington.

PLUS... tell President Trump that the law creates not only a whole new set of regulations ... but a communist style politburo to oversee this stupid law.... AND that it is unconstitutional to retroactively confiscate private property without compensation. HE WOULD NEVER SIGN IT.

WE ARE NOT THE SOVIET UNION PHR.

Robert,

To you and the whole team, profound thanks for all your hard work and perseverance. Any success achieved has been directly to you and the others who worked so hard and long to educate folks on the threat.

Thanks pal.

Mike

Well Gentleman, it was good news and I will take it, no matter the size of the victory.I want to think all the efforts we applied helped lead us to this result.

As said, they will regroup and come back at us again.We must keep our cause in the collecting of medals showcasing us in a positive manner, relevant. So, any opportunity to show our efforts in the research, the honor and respect, the journey we travel to save the history and heritage of these brave souls; telling a story for those who now longer can speak...TAKE IT!.

It was nice to see all get involved in writing, callng, talking with any and all that would listen. So, we have a base to build from...A big round of applause to everyone.

Captainofthe7th

Robert, thanks for posting and thank you for every effort you put in. Thank you also to all of our members who were fired up and did something. I know a lot of letters fell on deaf ears, or it seemed that way, so it's nice to hear positive results for our passion.

Rob

Maybe a bit too soon to celebrate. Both of the following sign on as co-sponsors yesterday (2/2/18).

Representative Nydia M. Velazquez (D-NY)

Representative Drew A. Ferguson IV (R-GA)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/544/cosponsors?pageSort=lastToFirst&loclr=cga-bill

Keep up the pressure!

you gotta be kidding me...with ALLLLLLLL the garbage going on THIS is what these boobs wanna push thru?

Time to go on the offensive. Does anyone know a Representative or Senator that would sponsor legislation in our favor such as a protecting American Military History Act?

• 1 year later...

I did some checking to see if anything has been tried recently regarding legislation, but the latest article I could find was from May 2019. Do you think they'll try again in the near future or has this been put to bed? The article: https://riponadvance.com/stories/purple-hearts-are-not-for-sale-says-rep-cook/

Has anyone heard anything the past few months?

“The Purple Heart is a symbol of sacrifice and heroism awarded to those who were killed or wounded in combat. It’s not a collector’s item,” said Rep. Cook.

“Profiteering from re-sale of the Purple Heart medal has to stop.”

Rep. Cook unveiled the Private Corrado Piccoli Purple Heart Preservation Act, H.R. 2911, to enact penalties for the sale of any Purple Heart, which his office said get sold on the military collectors’ market for thousands of dollars.

“The fact that this market exists cheapens the sacrifice of the service members who earned” Purple Hearts, Rep. Cook said.