Militaria Shows in Dallas, TX

rosieres64

• 3 weeks later...

I'm convinced it was the show we had at Fair Park in the early 2003? or 2004? Great dealer turn out, but a sour taste in everyone's mouths due to ridiculous parking fee and entry fee. I think it was $30 to get in the door basically. Before that we had the Convention Center show once a year, but when Dave Cook died, that all went away. MVPA convention was here maybe 10-12 years ago. Sadly the militaria circuit in Big-D is essentially gone. There's not even a militaria store between here and Ft. Worth anymore. Recon Militaria, A-Action Surplus, Big-D Militaria, Adventure Supply....all gone. A guy bought Recon but it's never open, so I guess Omaha Surplus is about it for a brick and mortar location that may have some vintage militaria. Going to gunshows for militaria is pointless as we all know. You may get lucky on something your looking for, but almost not worth it. Last Market Hall I went to, a guy had maybe 10-12 CBI in country patches for sale. He wanted $600 for them....EACH. Why even bother at that point

I'm convinced it was the show we had at Fair Park in the early 2003? or 2004? Great dealer turn out, but a sour taste in everyone's mouths due to ridiculous parking fee and entry fee. I think it was $30 to get in the door basically. Before that we had the Convention Center show once a year, but when Dave Cook died, that all went away. MVPA convention was here maybe 10-12 years ago. Sadly the militaria circuit in Big-D is essentially gone. There's not even a militaria store between here and Ft. Worth anymore. Recon Militaria, A-Action Surplus, Big-D Militaria, Adventure Supply....all gone. A guy bought Recon but it's never open, so I guess Omaha Surplus is about it for a brick and mortar location that may have some vintage militaria. Going to gunshows for militaria is pointless as we all know. You may get lucky on something your looking for, but almost not worth it. Last Market Hall I went to, a guy had maybe 10-12 CBI in country patches for sale. He wanted $600 for them....EACH. Why even bother at that point

Wow! Sad to hear. I was there in the 90's and it seemed there was a show every quarter. There was even an ASMIC one day meet down in Hillsborough organized by Bill Kilpatrick I believe. I just found my North Texas Military Collector's Association patch the other day.

Your list above did not include The Bunker, which was oddly placed in a small artsy mall. Mostly German WWII stuff, and it also met a sad demise when bought by a new owner.

Yep. I remember that guy. Just can't place his name. It was in a shopping center called Ola Padrida. There was also Mike Ferguson's place, The Militaria, in the Quadrangle, but that's going way way back. All long gone.

Remember all those shows. The January show at the convention show was about the best. I remember that a "Mayor" of Dallas wanted it cancelled because of all the guns.

There was a show in Irving at hotel that lasted a short time and another show in Dallas off 35E south (not market hall) that only lasted a short while.

• 1 year later...

On January 18-19, 2020, the Lone Star Republic Militaria Show will be at Dallas Market Hall. Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday and 9-4 on Sunday.