Need help in determining type of 101st patch

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

I know what your saying Kurt, I always said the same thing about the so called types, but I'm looking g to resell and it seems everyone asks that question what type is it. It seems they have to know. I'll just say good one piece ww2 101st Abn.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

There were a bunch of airborne patches in the for sale Thread, Maybe there's one like yours....just an idea. I have no clue like you two. I just know its a good WW2 patch. LOL

I know what your saying Kurt, I always said the same thing about the so called types, but I'm looking g to resell and it seems everyone asks that question what type is it. It seems they have to know. I'll just say good one piece ww2 101st Abn.

Ah. That makes sense. I see your point. (They'll probably want size measurements too in case they will be wearing it.)

Mark Bando is the one who came up with the type system for these patches. If you want to try to classify all of these, you might try going to his website's "Eagle Patch Corner- www.101airborneww2.com/eaglepatchcorner.html

Here is what Bando says about the "Type 10."

All Type 10's are characterized by a scribble eye-the details of which seem to be rendered with single strands of thread. Since the company which produced these in WW2, continued in production until probably 1968 (when merrowed edge Type 14s were introduced), these types create a lot of confusion. In most cases, unless you have provenance on a particular patch of this type, it is impossible to determine if it was issued during WW2 or much later... {snip}... The few other WW2 verified examples I've seen of Type 10, have also been in the hands of 502 vets-that might mean something. I also suspect this Type was introduced late in WW2, accounting for the scarcity of examples with WW2 provenance.
The vast majority of Type 10's have an attached Airborne tab, with the usual space cut out between tab and shield. In all, Type 10's are far from rare, because so many were made after WW2. But examples with WW2 vet provenance are relatively scarce.

Allan

BILL THE PATCH

Ok, got it. I always check bandos site, but the type 10 I see have different backings like blue base material. This is almost a white back. Not doubting anyone. Just seems strange this is all cotton mfg one piece patch typical of WW2 style. While other patches of this era started to introduce poly threads.