Somebody just spent a lot of money on a fake M2

Grant G.

I saw this helmet pop up on eBay a while back and didn't make a post on it because I didn't think anyone was going to be fooled by it. After all, the seller provided a clear shot of the c-loops and its disqualify-ingly high lot number of 857D... but then it jumped $800 in the last day of the auction. :mellow: This is an old easy_green creation. The helmet has been completely reworked; the paint is not original, the texture is not cork (but rather spray on texture), and the chinstraps are (orange) reproductions. Hopefully the seller honors their "GUARANTEED ORIGINAL" statement and provides a full refund to the unfortunate buyer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-US-ARMY-M2-PARATROOPER-HELMET-GUARANTEED-ORIGINAL-/202182686765?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=hzpqD6MbkRlArLFUw442BLa3nTU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

post-11015-0-28007600-1516923403.jpg

Same seller has had some fake WWI helmets up recently too.

If the buyer is lucky, theyll get the sellers old shop got broken into story and get a refund without the hassle of having to send the helmet back. Or even getting the helmet.

What’s the deal with the paint in between the loops? Were there originally different ones on it and were replaced by theses ones? I also saw the high lot number and it made me wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lost-and-found-history

The grind marks are clearly visible between the D-bail spot welds! You'd think that somebody who was willing to pony up $800.00 on an unverified helmet would at least know what to look for. Either that, or some kid's parents are going to be REALLY PISSED when they get the Master Card bill in the mail.

It's too bad the bidders past $150 couldn't be made aware. Hopefully the winning bidder will keep the helmet forever and show it off to guys who don't know (or care). Unfortunately it'll probably wind up with a post war liner on ebay or gunbroker, and someone else will get duped. Of course, if original bidder starts it at the winning price it'll never sell... those who look at 1k starting bids know what they're looking at

You are still out shipping the helmet to you and shipping the helmet back if GUARANTEED ORIGINAL unless

this seller refunds you for both but that rarely happens

As always do you homework!!

I think his son is running things now?

Burning Hazard

Someone unfortunately bought themselves a very expensive barf bucket....mike

Mike

I once actually bought a literal barf bucket helmet. I purchased a nice fixed bail off Kijiji from some guy who was clearly and alcoholic; the inner bowl of the shell was stained and reeked horribly of fresh Gin and barf, it was unbearable and drove home with all my windows rolled down. The guy clearly used it as a barf bucket at home and needless to say, it was the only fixed bail that I ever scrubbed with soap....

Pat

Mike

I once actually bought a literal barf bucket helmet. I purchased a nice fixed bail off Kijiji from some guy who was clearly and alcoholic; the inner bowl of the shell was stained and reeked horribly of fresh Gin and barf, it was unbearable and drove home with all my windows rolled down. The guy clearly used it as a barf bucket at home and needless to say, it was the only fixed bail that I ever scrubbed with soap....

Pat

?? ewww....did the scrub out work Pat? ....or is it now displayed in a sealed cabinet?

Burning Hazard

?? ewww....did the scrub out work Pat? ....or is it now displayed in a sealed cabinet?

It worked pretty good, I aired it out and the awful smell was gone for good :) I eventually sold it.

Pat

The grey blanket always refunds shipping both ways. That's how he keeps a perfect rating. Even if he didn't eBay forces seller to refund shipping both ways.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk