What kind of helmet is this....

horridohutch

This is a Gueneau 316, jet fighter shell.

No comms & no visor actuating buttons.

Worn on Mirage F1 & MiG in Iraqi AF.

Good luck to complete it & find the right mask.

This is a Gueneau 316, jet fighter shell.

No comms & no visor actuating buttons.

Worn on Mirage F1 & MiG in Iraqi AF.

Good luck to complete it & find the right mask.

Thanks Hog, I appreciate your comments. I think I may still get the helmet. It was brought back by a Marine and I think it is a great piece of history. As for the parts.... I am a patient man. Thank you again sir!

I used to have one from IAF, it was not a 316 but a PK 75 (Yougoslavian licensed)

I have at least 2 friends who have one complete.

I'd like to get one too with modified Ulmer mask, maybe one day.

Would be a cool piece of history. How much are they asking for it if you don't mind me asking? I got a survival kit bag (NAZ-7M) and some form of parachute, it think a drogue from a Russian ejection seat that came from Iraq. Both had that fine desert sand all over. The survival kit bag was cool as it was Russian origin, but since it was for a export contract, all the writing on it was in English vs Russian.

Hog, are those the oxygen mask receivers on the inside of the shell? Dont know much about foreign helmets other than manufacturer names, and countries of origin.

I am still on the fence as to what I will do with it, I pick it up Saturday for 80 bucks. Don't mind you asking at all Mohawk.... I have been looking around for parts and found some. What I have not found is the adjustment knobs for the visor. When I have it in hand I will be able to confirm the helmet type.

Yes, Mohawk.

Receivers are seen inside near edgeroll.

As a French guy, i have some knowledge on French flightgear.

I have 22 Gueneau, from various types + a PK-75.

On ebay.fr you can find visors buttons. There's actually a pair for 458 type (screw is plastic).

https://m.ebay.fr/itm/Boutons-Gueneau-458/152881710919?hash=item239875c747:g:nrwAAOSwXYtYu-EU

Chin strap is local made, never seen before.

I bought the helmet Saturday...it came from a Marine with a Wing security outfit at Al-Assad airfield in 2007. Said he found it in a building there. I am 99 percent certain I will leave it as it is....

On ebay.fr you can find visors buttons. There's actually a pair for 458 type (screw is plastic).

https://m.ebay.fr/itm/Boutons-Gueneau-458/152881710919?hash=item239875c747:g:nrwAAOSwXYtYu-EU

I am not sure that these would be what I would find on this helmet. The 316 "Boutons" have a black washer behind them, don't they? Thanks for your comments Hog....