Weird History: M8 Greyhound vs. Tiger at St. Vith

Garandomatic

I have been reading and watching a few bits about St. Vith lately as I was going through some of the collection, and happened upon my 38th AIB uniform. Man was with A Co., and as things would happen, this seemingly impossible victory by a little M8 happened right in my guy's backyard, and was confirmed by his company CO.

More or less, the Greyhound was hiding in a bush, Tiger rumbles past, oblivious, and down a sunken road. M8 figures he has a chance, pops out, and chases the German to get nearly point blank, while the German tries to turn its turret around to get the M8. M8 gets it shot off, Tiger begins to burn...

Now, I watched a short youtube video of it and searched it a little, and many enthusiasts of course doubt aspects of the story. Along the lines of how every German tank was a Tiger, etc.

Just wondered if anybody here had heard the story before, or was an expert in the Battle for St. Vith, and could chime in. In one of Zaloga's books, I think there is a Jagdtiger that was knocked out by a Stuart... So anything can happen?