158th Infantry Regiment - Bushmaster Association

1-158INF

Hello!

I'm a former 1-158 Infantry Regiment "Bushmasters" soldier and current member of the Bushmaster Association which is the official supporting organization for the regiment. As many of you are aware, the 158th Infantry has a long, storied history dating back to the Pacific theatre of WW2 and beyond. I found this forum and am hoping to make connections with former members and their families in order to preserve our history and legacy together. I'm hopeful to find that here on the forum. Thanks for the great platform and I look forward to connecting with you.

If you are or know of a former Bushmaster or family member, PLEASE send me a PM. Thank you! "Cuidado"

Welcome 1-158INF. I'm sure you'll find this forum interesting and informative. There are a lot of knowledgeable members on a variety of subject areas here. I'm sure you'll enjoy looking through the threads here. By the way, I collect 158th items from WW1 through present, so maybe you have some items of interest you can share here on the forum. Again, welcome!

Not family, but a late friend. Major Harold Fry. He was with the Bushmasters for three years from Panama to the Philippines. His claim to fame was taking M7 Priests and using them against Japanese infantry in the Philippines. He passed away in 2014. His brother was a B-24 pilot who was KIA 2/14/45 which is how I got to know him through researching the crew of his brother. He was buried in his WW2 officers uniform. He was very proud of his time with the Bushmasters.

post-68384-0-02197400-1516655998_thumb.jpg

Found some stuff Harold had sent me regarding his time with the Bushmasters. He as CO of C "Cannon" Company during it's combat time. Cannon was the first to be issues M7s and he and his company took them into combat.

Welcome 1-158INF. I'm sure you'll find this forum interesting and informative. There are a lot of knowledgeable members on a variety of subject areas here. I'm sure you'll enjoy looking through the threads here. By the way, I collect 158th items from WW1 through present, so maybe you have some items of interest you can share here on the forum. Again, welcome!

Yes, I would love to connect with you! I noticed in another post you even have some Bushmaster Association memorabilia (I specifically saw a license plate). Do you know of any men that were apart of the old Association? Myself and some other men are working hard to establish a permanent association for the men and their families to stay on contact with our legacy. Would love to chat with you about that!

Found some stuff Harold had sent me regarding his time with the Bushmasters. He as CO of C "Cannon" Company during it's combat time. Cannon was the first to be issues M7s and he and his company took them into combat.

Do you happen to know which battalion that was with? I served in C Company here in the 1st battalion