ROBESON USN Mk 2 Knife.

Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

I just got this in today. The 1st pattern "red spacer" USN Mark 2 made by ROBESON CUTLERY. So an early 1943 knife in it's original dated scabbard marked "BOYT 43" and "USN". It has several names on it plus a 1965-1966 USMC service number so this knife has a long history. It shows age and use but was well cared for.

post-4-1226685480.jpg

post-4-1226685541.jpg

Greg Robinson
early knifes are very nice!!!!

congratulations!!!!!

regards,

Jerry K!

Early production of Navy Mk 2's and Marine 1219c2's by ROBESON and KA-BAR were beautifully made.

Greg,

Sweet! I wish the national archives would put the Navy and USMC service records on line, like they have for the Army, so you can look these guys up easier.

Cheers!

Jeb

Greg, I really envy you that knife. As you know, I have a real soft spot for the USN Mark 2, and especially named ones. Congratulations on a great find.

I do have a Robeson Red Spacer that is identified to a WW2 sailor but it is nowhere near the condition of yours, and the ID is from the family, not on the knife itself.

RRSWD.jpg

Greg Robinson
Greg, I really envy you that knife. As you know, I have a real soft spot for the USN Mark 2, and especially named ones. Congratulations on a great find.

I do have a Robeson Red Spacer that is identified to a WW2 sailor but it is nowhere near the condition of yours, and the ID is from the family, not on the knife itself.

The 1960's Marine who marked the scabbard up with name and s/n evidently rubbed off a previous name.....wish it were still there. But somebody else's initial's are on the front of the scabbard under the retaining strap and the name GENE is scratched on the leather handle. This knife has been around a bit. But it's been well cared for.

Greg Robinson

Another red spacer Robeson Mk 2 I acquired almost ten years ago. Beautiful knife but it looks like somebody refinished it in a smooth battleship grey finish.....really doesn't look like parkerization. And the leather handle is different looking. Very professionally done and but for the blade tang peen not being done to the US milspec one might think it were original although an oddball.

post-4-1226738422.jpg

Greg Robinson

Two versions of Robeson Navy Mk 2 made after the "red spacer" version. Knife shown on bottom is the 2nd pattern still having blade markings and it's typically seen in a leather scabbard. On top is the 3rd pattern with guard markings and grey fiber Mk 2 scabbard.

post-4-1226776184.jpg

I never saw the Robeson USMC in person. The USN variant is not to shabby either.

Great knives that I feel are getting harder as time goes by to find a nice example

Best,

Robert