Great 33rd Div. group! I really enjoy id'd groups like this with the painted helmet, etc. They aren't as commonly seen now- did you get this one from an estate? Keep sharing as you get the photo process down! Thanks for showing this!

David

Nice 33rd group from Rockford

Always looking 33rd infantry division items as well as named items from Illinois but particulary Northern Illinois especially northwest Illinois

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Mark, Nice fine love the 33 most are from ILL. Did not know your collecting WW1.

Nick

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

Nick Man does not live by marines alone but they will always come first.

Mark

Mark , I use to do the same. But it got out of hand for me. I collected every thing ww1 and ww2. in medals and uniforms. I had 140 medal grouping's at one time. I liked it all. But my house was full of stuff, And started to for get what I had,LOL. Even collected bayonets and helmets. Well I have toned down now.LOl, Mostly uniforms and Marine valor and PH medals.

Nick

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

Nick It gets really difficult to decide what to collect because it is all cool I started out collecting ww1 and that led to ww1 marines and then ww2 and then ww2 Marines I try not to get to interested in Vietnam I can only afford so many wars Mark

donation2014.gif

I am really liking this group! Thanks for sharing!

Hunt

I am an amateur collector of US military items of the 20th century.

Looking for items related to:

-The Aleutian Island Campaign of WW2, Alaskan Theater, Alaska Defense Command, and more specifically the Battle of Attu

-Items related to the 50th Combat Engineer Regiment/Battalion

-Items related to Wheelus Air Force Base Libya, particularly from 1957-1960

-WW2 items belonging to service members from Northern Virginia

-WW2 Uniforms (all branches and services)

-Cheap/Throwaway WW2 named uniforms

-Smaller WW2 Groupings

-7th Infantry Division Items

-WW2 Photos and Letters (all branches, theaters, services, etc)

^^ PM ME!!

Instagram: @surplus_central https://instagram.com/surplus_central/

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/giovachm

• 5 months later...