Tankfest Presents 'Fury'

jakelives

I thought some might find this interesting. During the Bovington Tank Museum's Tankfest the grand finale is a big reenactment involving tanks, troops,aircraft and explosions. In 2015 the finale was 'Fury,' essentially a combination of the movie's tank attack against infantry and the Tiger battle combined. Bovington owns both Tiger 131, the only operational Tiger I and the 'Fury' tank, an M4A2. Also involved was a photo-recon Spitfire mk. IX 'R for Robert.' Not sure which reenactment groups participated. Photos shot on two different days, hence the changes in position and weather, though I did try to arrange them chronologically.

Fury-1.jpg

Fury-2.jpg

Fury-3.jpg

Fury-4.jpg

Fury-5.jpg

Fury-6.jpg

Fury-7.jpg

Fury-8.jpg

Fury-9.jpg

The plane looks like a Hawker Hurricane, not a Spitfire.

You're right. I posted just the Hurricane and not the Spitfire photo as well. I'll fix that.

Day one the presentation was proceeded by a Hurricane performance, day two it was the Spitfire. I don't know why I commented on the one and only posted images of the other.

Thanks for posting. The pics are great. The American riflemen are sporting an interesting array of rifles. As beautiful as the Spitfires are, for some unknown reason with me the Hurricanes are still my favorites.

Thanks for posting. The pics are great. The American riflemen are sporting an interesting array of rifles.

So are the Germans. I spy a few British WW1 SMLE's used by them...

I suppose thats as realistic as the Hurricane over mainland Europe in 1944.