New guy, Navy vet!

KRIS FORD

Howdy ALL..I'm Kris, a Navy vet ('92-'96) I was on board USS George Washington CVN-73, first in Weapons Dept, then I went to Engineering, I became a Hull Maintenance Technician by being a striker. (OJT and quals, then took test, passed E4 first time up) I was also a member of the At Sea Fire Party, the ship's fire dept, and was a nozzleman at sea (team leader in port on duty days)

My rate symbol was this:

m-bBm3PNzANDsxR6EdP3cLg.jpg

Before that when I was E-1-E-3, I was in Weapons, and worked in Weapons Elevators (G-4) and Bomb Assembly (G-3) Have stood MANY Armed Brow watches.

I have some of my old stuff to show, though sadly I didn't keep a lot of stuff..a couple things from my Gramps, a Korean War era USN vet, who served on the USS Deuel APA-160, he drove the LCVPs, then became a Quartermaster, which during his time in, the Signalman rate was reestablished so he got out as a SM3..I have a couple great pics of his service time as well.

I've worked at TRIJICON for almost 22 years..I am the IRON SIGHTS Team Leader and an avid AR fan (S&W MP15 with a Trijicon TA31 RCO-M4 ACOG) and shooter, I also love shotguns, especially trench guns! I have a Mossberg 500 Tactical.

I'm also a big KA-BAR fan, I have my gramp's, (USMC blade marked, but in a USN NORD sheath, with a later replacement handle) , a guard marked Robeson RCC USN MK2, 2 guard marked USN MK2 KA-BARs,(one is scary clean!!) a '76 KA-BAR (parkerised) a mid 70's Camillus (and a modern Ontario version, as well as an OKC3S and JPK)

I've loved militaria for 35 some years, from playing army as a kid, to serving, then being in the shooting industry.

Looking forward to learning and sharing!

Welcome Aboard Kris!

I was issued an ACOG for my M-4 for my deployment to Afghanistan, my old eyes loved it! I turned 53 while deployed. I bought one (and a colt M-4, semi-auto) when I got home with some of my deployment money.

This is a great place to learn!

BKW

Welcome Aboard Kris!

I was issued an ACOG for my M-4 for my deployment to Afghanistan, my old eyes loved it! I turned 53 while deployed. I bought one (and a colt M-4, semi-auto) when I got home with some of my deployment money.

This is a great place to learn!

BKW

Right on!

Here's my rig:

post-176157-0-30961300-1516545681_thumb.jpg