New Dog Tag Display Idea

Tentitans112887

Tentitans112887

Ive been trying to figure out what to do with unit IDed dog tags for a while now. I usually put them on a display board (cup hooks attached to wood) or put them inside other displays, but I wanted something more. This is what I came up with for a handful of them. It looks nice, but it doesnt hold many tags the way it is setup. Each set has a name/unit plaque and a unit patch. I figured Id share. Enjoy.

post-159555-0-09868700-1516242291_thumb.jpeg

Simon Lerenfort

Nice display, the ultimate addition would be tracking down a photo of them in uniform, unlikely I know but the more I can find out about an item and its owner the more full the display looks.

Tentitans112887

Connor, thanks. I always like looking at your website. Very organized and detailed.

Simon, I agree. I have a handful of them in their uniforms but not many. It would be an amazing addition. Thanks for the idea. :)

I like the info placards you've included next to the tags. I do a similar thing in displaying my tags as a concise way to summarize key things like name, unit, and campaigns. Would love to see some close ups on those to learn the history of your tags veterans!

Tentitans112887

I like the info placards you've included next to the tags. I do a similar thing in displaying my tags as a concise way to summarize key things like name, unit, and campaigns. Would love to see some close ups on those to learn the history of your tags veterans!

Thanks for the kind words. I really like the display. Im gonna need a lot of the cases and more wall space! :) Heres a few of them:

post-159555-0-74721500-1516328792_thumb.jpegpost-159555-0-45277700-1516328801_thumb.jpeg

Very nice! 29th ID tags are especially interesting finds. I finally tracked one down awhile ago myself and he was, coincidentally, also a member of your vet's 115th Infantry.

Tentitans112887

Very nice! 29th ID tags are especially interesting finds. I finally tracked one down awhile ago myself and he was, coincidentally, also a member of your vet's 115th Infantry.

Thanks! That they are. It took me a while to track down a set.