• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my third year. I am looking for Quartermaster Corps items (uniforms, helmets, pins I don't have, etc.). Had okay luck with it so far but I'm hoping there will be better pickings this year.

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

Starting to get ready for the show. Will have 6 tables with approx 24 cases full of patches. The patches are for the most part higher end and or better patches. Have VN era ARVN SF, WW2 Marine and Marine SQ patches,included in the Marine is a China Horse patch for the 4th regt as well as both versions of the Samoan patch. War Crime Trials real ones,theater made airborne WW2,bomb and fighter sq WW2 and later,rare Bazooka patch,bullion 509 and theater made emb 509, chemical motar,and perhaps best selection of artillery patches available just for starters. So if you attend please stop buy and take a look,take photos and add to your collection.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Sitting it out this year. Brought a grand last year and didn't see any uniforms that fit my bill. Went Friday, what i saw were either not my focus or not identifiable, for the most part. Saw a few that were more than i wanted to spend, but the real problem was there wasn't anybody to take my money at the half a dozen tables that did have something interesting. Went back half a dozen times to check on several things. I ended up buying a WWI French helmet just because there was someone there to give money to.

I'll probably go next year. The last couple shows I've went to weren't very uniform heavy for that matter.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

This will be my 20th year and I would not miss SOS. I will have the same three tables at T 18-20 (or thereabouts since they don't tell you your table numbers until you show up) so drop by and say hello. I am always looking for edged weapons and MP/Constabulary stuff. I always find some nice goodies to buy at this show.

George Wheeler (Sarge)

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I've been to every one except the third one and have always found something to fill a hole or launch a research quest.

I'll have 7 tables of worldwide orders, decorations and medals.

I'll be looking for American medal groups with British awards and British medal groups with American awards.

Jeff Floyd

The universe is made up of neutrons, protons, electrons and morons

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

We will be there! We have 4 tables, I will try and bring my prized "Green Bay Packers North-woods Camo" helmet as an identifier. Hope to put more names with faces.

i am looking for the Wisconsin Vocational School made fighting knives, Cool flags, captured (sewn on) german insignia, and as usual anything really cool that I just can't live without!

Soooooo Looking forward to it!!

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

I will be there are usual looking for POW groups, Naval and AAF Aviation Groups + USN Gallantry groups,

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I will be there, third year in a row, second as a vendor. My crew will have a 6 table island again. (hopefully). Im chomping at the bit! Trying to figure out what im going to bring.

I'm looking for higher end WWII US uniforms or uniform groups.

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

I will be there searching the hall for 1950s era tac mark painted airborne helmets of the 11AB etc....will have a table full of goodies with Rick, Tom and Tom Sr.....see you all there...would never miss a SOS....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

I will be there, third year in a row, second as a vendor. My crew will have a 6 table island again. (hopefully). Im chomping at the bit! Trying to figure out what im going to bring.

I'm looking for higher end WWII US uniforms or uniform groups.

You can always bring an A-2 with a cocker spaniel painted on the back.........

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi

I am making the trip across the pond again this year. I absolutely love the SOS show there is nothing else like it.

I will be on the hunt for D-Day / Normandy related stuff and M-1 helmets.

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Got to work in the garage yesterday and decided on a few nice items for the SOS.

Iwo Jima Footlocker with contents...straight from vet.

WWI Airplane Tool Box(Signal Corp 1918 Dated)

ANC, WAC, WAVES Groupings

My wife's Japanese Rifle from her father's estate unless she changes her mind again.

Two FULL tables of WWII Stuff we WANT to sell!

See ya all there!

• 3 weeks later...

For those interested - the list of 2018 special guests is up on the OVMS website:

http://www.sosovms.com/Show-of-Shows-Special-Guests/

I am particularly interested to visit with James Baize - very interesting story!

James Baize enlisted in the US Navy in 1943. He was only 15 years old and lied about his age. After his basic training at Great Lakes, IL, he volunteered to serve on an aircraft carrier. However, the navy had other plans and transferred Jim to an amphibious landing craft training unit at Camp Pendleton. There he learned to operate an LCVP, the famous Higgins boat. After training, Jim was assigned as Coxswain on LCVP 13 aboard the USS Highlands. Jim’s early combat experiences included the invasions of Siapan, Titian, and Guam. On February 19, 1945, Jim steered his boat toward the black volcanic sand beaches of Iwo Jima. With a crew of three and a cargo of 38 Marines in the second wave, he headed for the objective; Red Beach 1 at the foot of Mt. Suribachi. Sailing under heavy fire, Baize’s boat was within 20 yards of the beach when it suffered a direct hit from Japanese artillery. Jim found himself in the water floating amid bodies, blood and wreckage. Dazed but alive, he was pulled to shore by a Marine he would know only as “Jack.” Jack handed him an M1 rifle, helmet, knife, poncho, jacket and some hardtack, all collected from dead comrades. It had taken Jim eight weeks to become a sailor. He became a Marine in an hour. For the next seven days Seaman Baize fought as an infantryman with the Marines, inching forward under unimaginable, hellish conditions. On the morning of February 23rd, he witnessed the first American flag raised on Mt. Suribachi. A little while later he also saw the more famous second raising of a larger flag which is known from the iconic photograph. On the evening of the 26th, Jim was part of a group of Marines ordered to take the Number 1 airfield at Motoyama. The unit came under heavy machine gun fire and his buddy Jack was killed. Jim jumped into a shell hole and was knocked unconscious. He had no memory of leaving Iwo Jima and woke up in hospital. His recovery took six months. He was the only survivor of the crew and men of LCVP 13. After the war, Jim took advantage of the GI Bill and received degrees in mechanical and nuclear engineering."

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Got to work in the garage yesterday and decided on a few nice items for the SOS.

Iwo Jima Footlocker with contents...straight from vet.

WWI Airplane Tool Box(Signal Corp 1918 Dated)

ANC, WAC, WAVES Groupings

My wife's Japanese Rifle from her father's estate unless she changes her mind again.

Two FULL tables of WWII Stuff we WANT to sell!

See ya all there!

Where will you be set up?

Dagda asked: Where will you be set up?

We are almost directly in front of the huge doors in the back right...the ones the dealers come through. Walk through doors, veer slightly left and you will run into the tables. 1st row.

My wife decided to sell her nice box made from the Captain's door off the USS Hartford. Farragut's flagship ...."Damn the torpedoes..full speed ahead"! I think something like 12 MOH awarded to men on this ship. Came from Navy doctor's estate in Western New York who was present in Norfolk when the ship was disassembled after collapsing at the dock. What a shame.

Anyone know if the show is a sellout?

Anyone know if the show is a sellout?

Yes. It is completely sold out, with about 70+ people left on the waiting list for tables. There are always cancellations, and up until about a week or so ago those released tables were filled via the waiting list. At this point, though, it is too late to fill them from the waiting list. SO, any tables that become open due to last-minute cancellations will be available first-come, first-serve starting at 10:00 am on Thursday.

If you want tables for 2019, fill out an application there at the show. People who have tables tend to hang on (or want more), but openings do occur. Sadly, this is normally because a vendor has passed away. Wish it wasn't so, but this is the normal course of things, I suppose. A more sporting source of turnover is rule violation: each year we catch about 15-20 people packing up early on Saturday. Those tables become available to new folks!

We have added a few photos from 2017 to the OVMS Facebook page:

https://tinyurl.com/SOS2017-photos

And, while we are at it - if you haven't already 'liked' and 'shared' the event, please do so! We sincerely appreciate it. This is very helpful for spreading the word. The more people who know, the more people go, and the better the show is for everyone.

https://tinyurl.com/SOS2018-OVMS

Remember - wear comfortable shoes, bring as much cash as you can, stay hydrated, and plan ahead. Give yourself plenty of time to get there, do the show, and go home. Saving $125-$175 on a hotel room seems like a really bad bargain if you are exhausted and have an accident on the way home. Stick around in Louisville, hang out with friends, and enjoy yourself. We want you here for SOS 2018, AND for years to come!!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Will be there again for my third year. I’m a local and I can’t believe how long it took me to hear about this show! Will be looking for WWII 36th ID items, WWI 89th items, and hopefully something from the USS Tripoli for a veteran friend of mine.

GEN. David R. Atchinson- MO State Guard              ACW

PVT. John H. Drury- Co. A, 27th Ky IR                      ACW               Died of Typhoid

PVT. Henry E. Thomas- Co. I, 17th Ky IR                  ACW

PVT. Joseph E. Drury- Co. E, 356th IR, 89th ID       WWI                WIA

SGT. Edward P. Drury- 51st QM Training Co.           WWII

PFC. Delmer C. Koonter- Co. I, 142nd IR, 36th ID    WWII              WIA

SC3c Michael C. Drury- LCS (L) (3) 70                     WWII

SGT. Steven D. Koonter- 5th Cav, 1st Cav Div         Vietnam

SGT. John M. Drury- 227th AVN Bn. 1st Cav Div     Vietnam

Contact me with items from the 36th Infantry Division or any IDd uniforms of European Theater Infantry Divisions