M1 Medic Helmet .... like the one just sold on ebay

davidwh1

I hope everyone is doing well. I was watching the auction for the Medic Helmet that just sold on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-M1-HELMET-EARLY-FIXED-BALES-PAINTED-3-PANEL-RED-CROSS-MEDIC-U-S-ARMY-MED-USA-/222780066804?hash=item33deba0bf4%3Ag%3AaIwAAOSwEZdaTBWd&nma=true&si=IMVeOL%252Fp%252F%252BoyN7s5u6dEzvRaBZQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I have had one like it in my collection since I bought it in April of 2007. It came from Anchorage Alaska and I have posted it before but was having difficulty getting a lead on it from forum members. However - the helmet, like the one on ebay that just sold, has a number on the brim, yellowish circles on each side and medic panels on the front and back. I am posting some photos for feedback.

This one is mine - and so are the following 7 pics.

Apologies for the pics not being upright. No idea why they are posting that way - tired of messing with it

post-6058-0-17248800-1515894118_thumb.jpg

post-6058-0-16781200-1515894150_thumb.jpg

Thanks for dropping in, helmet looks great... The mystery continues..... Would love to have some more detail and facts on this find of helmets. Been to Alaska three times, very wet, very cold, your socks do not ever dry, nor does your sleeping bag, always a little damp.... Fishing is so good that you think you are in a dream, on the fly, downrigging, casting, you can't help to catch a fish....! Love that place.... First time up in 1986, I drove myself there from CA. Regards, Chris

Very nice helmet. I wonder how many of these made it out of Alaska. Am I mistaken or do I remember seeing one of these in a reference book as well?

Very nice and another survivor...how many have we seen in collections now?..3-5?...would be awesome to reunite them all somehow for a family group photo!...mike