US Army M17A1 Helmet, 250th Coast Artillery

cmaher55

Folks, had this one for awhile and is probably one I will never sell. Named to "John H. Fick, Capt. 250 CA" in ink stamps all over the helmet liner. Possibly from Camp McQuaide, Ca (Capitola-Watsonville area). The 250th also served in Alaska from September of 1941 until March of 1944. The helmet insignia was approved on 5 August of 1925. The shield is red for Artillery. The Castle is for service during the war with Spain, and the Palm Tree is for service in the Philippines. The Fleur-de-Lis commemorates service in France during WW1. Helmet stamped "ZC215" for lot number. This is an American made Brodie. Got this out of Reno, Nevada in 2007 for $235. To me, it is priceless....! Hope you like it, light not too good today by the time I got a chance to take pics. Regards, Chris

post-5954-0-17295900-1515887571_thumb.jpg

Love these unit marked Kelly Helmets and as I recall one of these came up for auction on ebay last year.

Yep, get on those if you can... Love the name, rank, and unit stamps on this guy. He sure wanted to make sure they knew that helmet was his....! I think I posted this one up here years ago but I can't seem to find my old posts....? Regards, Chris

Thanks guys, and as a side note I grew up on the California coast... Bunkers and gun emplacements everywhere from SF to Santa Cruz and down south.... 50 cal to 14 inch guns I think.... Guns are gone, cement still there.... As a kid we would explore all of them, as much as we could find.. Would find spent 50 cal casings with 41, 42, 43 date stamps everywhere, on the hills, in the serf, on the beach.... Here are a few bunkers that I saw everyday as a kid. All part of the coastal artillery network back then...

post-5954-0-96703700-1516063859_thumb.jpg