Gen. Thomas J. Stewart Medal - PA Nat'l Guard, 100% Drill Attendance

That is a Pennsylvania National Guard medal awarded for 100% attendance at required " Drills " .

Kurt

Thanks Kurt. thumbsup.gif Can you give me some link to history of this medal or more information about?

Hi,

The medal is the General Stewart Medal, Type II, while the ribbon is for the Type I medal.

Here's the criteria for the medal from the PMR 672-1, dated 01 May 98:

General Thomas J. Stewart Medal

a. The General Thomas J. Stewart Medal will be awarded by The Adjutant General of Pennsylvania to eligible members of the Pennsylvania National Guard for excellence in the performance of duties while assigned to any unit of the Pennsylvania National Guard. A prerequisite for the award is one hundred percent attendance at all unit training assemblies and annual training during a training year (Oct-Sep). Constructive credit for annual training while on ADT/ADSW is qualifying service for this award.

b. Award will be made upon recommendation of the member’s unit commander by letter in two copies after the end of the training year to: The Adjutant General of Pennsylvania, ATIW: MP-PSB. Only one of these medals will be awarded to any one individual.

Robin

The manual is from 1998. This is the most current version of the PA NG Awards manual. Altho, I would think that they would be revising it in the near future (as most of the states are). One of the interresting things about the PA NG Awards manual is that the Governor's Unit Cititation is not included, but has it's own regulations. In fact, when I first contacted them, the gentleman I spoke with was un-aware of that award. He had to check with another department before finding the regulations for it!

Robin

• 13 years later...

Here are a couple of other pics.  I believe it's a bronze (not gold) & silver type I Stewart medal.  I have no idea what the dual colored ribbon with the stars was for.

Jeff

PANG (obv).jpg

PANG (rev).jpg