Belt Buckles Made in Hong Kong By Tang Fun Kee Co.

PhilippineBuckles

PhilippineBuckles

Tang Fun Kee is company in Hong Kong that reportedly was making dog tags for the US military during WWII -- so hopefully this thread will be of interest. This company also made other items like Navy Brand Flashlights, Good Luck Brand Cycle Horns, Camel Brand Expansion Watch Bands, as well as belt buckles.

While looking for belt buckles made in the Philippines for US servicemen over the past few years, I have seen a number of "mass produced" Philippine Commonwealth buckles from this company. Then one day I saw the following buckle with 1942 along with an eagle on a globe. This sure looks to me like something an American sailor or marine might wear. Any thoughts?

post-170933-0-56709200-1515880499_thumb.jpg

post-170933-0-35798500-1515880524_thumb.jpg

post-170933-0-87286300-1515880530_thumb.jpg

PhilippineBuckles

I came across the following buckle made by Tang Fun Kee and I'm hoping someone can help me identify what class of ship it is based on the ship's silhouette? Is it Japanese? Chinese? US?

post-170933-0-61997400-1515882018_thumb.jpg

General Apathy

Tang Fun Kee is company in Hong Kong that reportedly was making dog tags for the US military during WWII -- so hopefully this thread will be of interest. This company also made other items like Navy Brand Flashlights, Good Luck Brand Cycle Horns, Camel Brand Expansion Watch Bands, as well as belt buckles.

While looking for belt buckles made in the Philippines for US servicemen over the past few years, I have seen a number of "mass produced" Philippine Commonwealth buckles from this company. Then one day I saw the following buckle with 1942 along with an eagle on a globe. This sure looks to me like something an American sailor or marine might wear. Any thoughts?

Hi, thought I would post information on the company history for you, take a look here

http://industrialhistoryhk.org/tang-fun-kee-manufacturing-good-luck-bicycle-horns-camel-torches-navy-flashlights/

Hope this helps your enquiries regarding products made by the company, you might even be able to contact the company and make enquiries.

Regards Lewis.

General Apathy

Hi, thought I would post information on the company history for you, take a look here

http://industrialhistoryhk.org/tang-fun-kee-manufacturing-good-luck-bicycle-horns-camel-torches-navy-flashlights/

Hope this helps your enquiries regarding products made by the company, you might even be able to contact the company and make enquiries.

Regards Lewis.

PhilippineBuckles

Thanks Lewis for the link. The most interesting part of the article is a comment left by the great granddaughter of the company's founder who gives a lot more detail about company's history.

Here is an example of a Commonwealth of the Philippines belt buckle made by the company...

post-170933-0-85966700-1515943700.jpg

post-170933-0-63306500-1515943705.jpg

• 2 years later...