502nd PIR "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

HOF

Was anyone following this patch? I thought it looked genuine. Any thoughts on if this was a vintage WWII piece? The seller ended it early.

post-151977-0-22352100-1515869458_thumb.jpg

his is probably one of those cases where the seller put up something very expensive and seeing no bids, panicked and took a cash offer. It is also possible that he got nervous and just killed the sale worried that he was going to take a bath on a cheap sale.

Great patch and as Bobb said, English made. The black background on these patches fade very quickly. This one is a stellar example.

Allan

greendevilsix

I was watching it also and really get the butt when a seller does that. I guess someone sent the seller a message and bought it on the down low. Just guessing of course.

I heard back. He has a house full of young kids and has had guests and the patch is currently MIA. If he finds it, it will be back.

And if anyone believes that I have ocean front property in Arizona for sale. It’s gone, but out the back door.I woulda be surprised if it shows back up. Yes I can be cynical. :-)

88thcollector

There is zero reason to doubt his word. He had no idea of the value and now he is in a panic. Why lie? He has every right to end an auction and owes no one any explanation. eBay allows sellers to remove auctions. He was nice enough to reply to me. I currently cannot find a valuable patch of mine so I know it happens.

Two separate back grounds on that 502nd patch you would think it would be the same backing

on both sides front and back of patch ! Was he just chancing his luck i even wonder if its the same

patch or just google screen shots,

There is zero reason to doubt his word. He had no idea of the value and now he is in a panic. Why lie? He has every right to end an auction and owes no one any explanation. eBay allows sellers to remove auctions. He was nice enough to reply to me. I currently cannot find a valuable patch of mine so I know it happens.

I know he has evert right to the end the auction. He also has the righ to sell to whom ever he wants. He also has the right to tell you what ever he wants. I hope he does re-list the patch. But he could just be saying that so you don’t think he sold it out the back door.

88thcollector

Ok cynical people and collusion conspiracy theorists, he has found the patch stuck to the back of the mini medals he has listed. He asked if I wanted a BIN price and I told him what I would pay but told him he can likely beat my offer so reserve it at my offer and let the auction decide the price.

Ok cynical people and collusion conspiracy theorists, he has found the patch stuck to the back of the mini medals he has listed. He asked if I wanted a BIN price and I told him what I would pay but told him he can likely beat my offer so reserve it at my offer and let the auction decide the price.

Yipeeee! Now I can sleep tonight.

88thcollector

It hasn't been posted yet. The seller was deluged with offers to buy it. When you think you have a $5 patch and suddenly your email is full, it can be confusing.