Help with a grouping of VP Crew patches

all-bull

Hey guys,

These are way out of my collecting area, and I'm not really sure if I will be keeping them or not, but I would like to know some more about about them, as I have never quite understood the Crew patch concept. I also can't find many for sale, so would love to know a ballpark value as well.

Some of these patches I have no clue as to the IDs...Some of them are listed with the VP squadron, but I still don't know when they were used or what the importance is. I believe all are Japanese made, except the large Skippy jacket patch, which looks PI made to me.

I am thinking these date from the 70s-80s, but could be wrong. Anyway, I thought they were really neat, the price was right, and I want to learn more about them.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

post-2063-0-48795500-1515806001_thumb.jpg

Patchcollector

I think you have a mixture of PI and Korean made patches.

+ 1

Crew patches are usually a bit more personalized than the "regular" unit patches.They sometimes contain phrases and symbols that are known only to the crew members,kind of like an inside joke that only a few know the meaning of.

Hunter - I think you have a mixture of PI and Korean made patches.

Probably 80's-90's.

I agree. Those crew patches are unique and usually not a whole lot madeas a crew, I think was around 10.I like the CREW 2, PI made, it’s bigger than most crew patches.

Thanks! Do you know how I could ever go about finding what squadron it was for and when it was made?

I agree. Those crew patches are unique and usually not a whole lot madeas a crew, I think was around 10.I like the CREW 2, PI made, its bigger than most crew patches.