MY 40 YEAR QUEST FOR SILVER EAGLES PATCH

firefighter

When I was a kid in the mid-late 70s my brother, friends, and myself would call local Army, Navy, AF, & MC recruiters. We befriend a few. One particular Army recruiter had been the official photographer for the Silver Eagles. He gave me his patch off his flight suite. I loved that patch. My mom sewed it on a jacket for me and I wore it everywhere. One day middle school I left it on the bus or classroom, I can't remember. Well I looked all over for it but it was gone.

I have seen the patch for sale a fee times but missed out on getting one. Well now I have one again in my procession, not just one but also a mini. I am thinking the smaller one may have been used on a baseball cap?

Pictures do not do them justice.

The silver tinsel really makes them stand out.

Thank you BillPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tdogchristy90

Great looking patch.

Might I suggest putting the small one in a safety deposit box or somewhere so you won't go through it over again. That's the benefit of two :)

I was an Army guy and I never knew about the Silver eagles. A rare patch in deed! Thanks for showing them and making me learn something!

Thank you everyone. I’m thinking about framing them. I really wish I could remember that sergeants name. He was a great gut and to give a kid his patch is something. I have a few other insignia that I wouldnt part with that some of those guys gave me. A pair of USMC Master Gunny stripes, 5th Inf Div NCBU beercan DI, & a 158th AVN Bn DI & flash.

Ernie when I sell something to someone that they have wanted for a long time that is a great feeling for me.The fact that it brought back a great memory is a real bonus for you.Best Scotty

Patchcollector

I saw that auction and was going to bid but got sidetracked with some other auctions.It's always a great feeling to cross one off the "bucket list". :lol:

Congrats on getting what you've been seeking for so long.

I saw that auction and was going to bid but got sidetracked with some other auctions.It's always a great feeling to cross one off the "bucket list". :lol:

Congrats on getting what you've been seeking for so long.

Thank you PC.

• 3 years later...

image.png.c593124f2ae5cfebf26469272de59dc7.png

My small Silver Eagles collection.   There is a book out there called Dancing Rotors that covers all the US Rotary Wing demo teams that has a good section regarding the Silver Eagles Team.  I think the ultimate piece to find from them would be one of the team used silver painted SPH-4 helmets.