Is this a wartime propaganda type handout ?

kfields

I picked this up ages ago at a local flea market in Dayton, Ohio for maybe a quarter. Size is about 8 1/2 x 11. Is this possibly a WW2 era propaganda leaflet handed out to caution against "loose" talk? Or is it merely a message against gossiping in general.

Thanks!

Kim

post-60-0-07526800-1515792741.jpg

post-60-0-95230100-1515792752_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-74743800-1515792762_thumb.jpg

This says "made in USA" but I would expect wartime domestic propaganda to have instead a government agency and/or publisher's name. But then again, being the government, I could easily see anonymous pieces like this with MADE IN USA to ensure the reader it wasn't something published by the Germans. And, the cars fit the WWII era.

Whomever published it confused trash talkin' with gossipin,' which flourishes even among the most refined and genteel of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvoYuPTfEOo

Thanks Bob. It is an odd handout with somewhat "dated" language. With all the wartime industry in Dayton and Wright Pat AFB local to the city, I was sort of leaning towards some sort of homegrown print initiative by some anonymous company or department.

Thanks Bob. It is an odd handout with somewhat "dated" language. With all the wartime industry in Dayton and Wright Pat AFB local to the city, I was sort of leaning towards some sort of homegrown print initiative by some anonymous company or department.

It's hard to think of a time other than WWII when this kind of thing would have been produced.