MY ADOPTED GRAVE

BEAST

Almost 30 years ago, I "adopted" this grave in my hometown of Fort Wayne, Indiana. I would go out on Veteran's Day and decorate it with a small US flag. I moved away and it has been a couple of years since I have been there. So yesterday I went back to Fort Wayne to check on it and plant a flag. Most of his family moved away and his brothers and sisters have also passed away, so it is my little way of keeping his memory alive.

His name is Richard E. Miller and he was a captain in the Army Air Force. He was killed in action on January 22, 1943. That's all of the clues that I am going to give you. Besides sacrificing his life for his country, why else is the veteran significant?

post-203-1226543844.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Well, it's Captain Miller!! Why isn't he with the 2nd Rangers though??

If that's the answer I would be surprised...

That's great though, Beast. I have done the same thing with a few of the markers at my local Cemetery. I go there occasionally to visit my grandfather and while I'm there I pay respects to the other fine men and tidy up their markers. Just think about it, a man is not dead until he is forgotten. I forgot who said, probably Patton.

Rob

Almost 30 years ago, I "adopted" this grave in my hometown of Fort Wayne, Indiana. I would go out on Veteran's Day and decorate it with a small US flag. I moved away and it has been a couple of years since I have been there. So yesterday I went back to Fort Wayne to check on it and plant a flag. Most of his family moved away and his brothers and sisters have also passed away, so it is my little way of keeping his memory alive.

His name is Richard E. Miller and he was a captain in the Army Air Force. He was killed in action on January 22, 1943. That's all of the clues that I am going to give you. Besides sacrificing his life for his country, why else is the veteran significant?

MILLER_GRAVE_STONE.jpg

A Doolittle Raider....

http://www.doolittleraider.com/raiders/miller.htm