R.I.P. Donald Ray Langford 11th Airborne WWII

Johndanger

Donald Ray Langford, 11th Airborne WWII veteran, has passed away on Nov. 11th, Veterans Day.

He was from San Jose California and joined the Paratroopers to be in a tough unit that would be in the fight, he fought in the Pacific, took part in the liberation of Los Banos Civilian internment camp, where he helped free 2,146 starving civilian prisoners of war including his future bride and her family who he reconnected with stateside after surviving the war.

He didn't talk with family much about his war, but we had a connection and swapped airborne stories, and I was happy that I had a chance to meet him and hear about his war in the Pacific and how he fell in love during the war, the kind of stuff that they make movies about.

The internees called them Angels from heaven.

He will be cremated with no services and his ashes will be sent to the military cemetery in Los Banos, where he spent his greatest day.

One more Angel is going back to heaven.

here are acouple photos of him, these may have been in Japan during the ocupation, He is the handsome guy on the right , guess thats how he got the girl.

I believe he was in B company 511th , you can see the interesting uniform of summer tan chino shirt and pants with open frame web belt, hbt cap with airborne rocker, jump wings with 511th oval, 11th shoulder patch and jump boots.

post-3435-1226622727.jpg