77th Evac. Hospital in WWII - New Documentary

andrewt

Hey guys.

Last night I went to the premier of a new documentary released by KU Medical Center entitled Medicine Under Canvas. It chronicles the experiences of the 77th Evacuation Unit in World War II and has some ABSOLUTELY AMAZING never before seen color footage taken by a couple of Docs (I think) with the unit. It contains some excellent footage of nurses with the outfit having a fashion show after they finally received long awaited uniform items. Pretty cool stuff and a fantastic reference with indisputable evidence of what these ladies were really wearing day to day.

Considering the length of time the 77th was overseas, the crew that made this movie did a good job of keeping the uniforms and equipment featured in the scenes accurate to the time periods addressed in the story line. After watching it, I was somewhat ashamed I didn't previously know more of the story about this unit from my hometown. I doubt they had any more than 1000 of the DVDs printed, if you are interested you had better get one while you can.

Here's a link to a press release they put out today, and within there is a link to the KU bookstore where you can buy a DVD copy - but I'll paste that below, too.

Press release click here

Straight to order page click here

post-1751-1226534177.jpg

Very interesting looking documentary Andrew, I'm going to have to order one. Thanks for posting a link to the order page.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...