WWI 6th Marines Supply Company Patch

TXMarine81

Hey all-

I came across this patch on an online auction, and was hoping for some feedback from the community on both its identification and validity. 1.) It appears to be a 6th Marine Supply Company patch; 2.) It appears to be in the style of the German occupation-made patch; 3.) Is it a period patch, or a replica? Thanks everyone!

-Preston

post-163082-0-28385700-1515379597.png

I agree, it is clearly attempting to copy the stencil style of patch from the period, but it is not making the grade IMO. The originals are quite a bit different and much higher quality in their details. Kevin

Is that star leather? I was at a show a while back and came across what looked like a really nice WW1 2nd Division patch with a painted Indian Head on white leather star. Well aged, etc - look "somewhat" convincing. It was $75 (a bargain if real). Stood holding it for a few minutes trying to decide, as I was suspicious. Then looked elsewhere on the table and spied a bunch of leather WW2 squadron patches being sold as reproductions. All painted in the same style as the 2nd Div patch. Rather than ask if the seller painted the 2nd Div patch, I asked if he painted the squadron patches. He proudly said he did. Case closed on the 2nd Div patch and I moved on.