Another USMC Camo Cover

27Division18

I agree good cover

I think these large eagles pre date Korea/53 dated covers but that's just me :)

Seen one in a foot locker group years ago and the guy had been In Japan during the occupation and never served in the post war reserves from what I recall or acquired it later

• 1 year later...

Do you know which side of the camo cover was favored by Marines in the field? Was it the green or the grey/ash side? Thank you

I agree good cover

I think these large eagles pre date Korea/53 dated covers but that's just me :)

Seen one in a foot locker group years ago and the guy had been In Japan during the occupation and never served in the post war reserves from what I recall or acquired it later

olivedrab1970

Do you know which side of the camo cover was favored by Marines in the field? Was it the green or the grey/ash side? Thank you

Late 40's early 50's. I bet you could research when the Commandant of the USMC issued an order/revision of the EGA being added to the camo cover and field cover. That is usually where this type of thing originates, I know from personal experience :rolleyes:

R.D.

Semper Fidelis-

Kansas Raider

Hi, can anybody tell me what time period is this USMC cover? Here is a picture of the label. It came on a front seam helmet. The green side is a leaf pattern. Thanks Steve

post-154231-0-73644500-1571535854_thumb.jpg