Sign in to follow this  
27Division18

Another USMC Camo Cover

Looks A-OK no slit pattern WW2 cover with later added EGA....very nice cover....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

I agree good cover

I think these large eagles pre date Korea/53 dated covers but that's just me :)

Seen one in a foot locker group years ago and the guy had been In Japan during the occupation and never served in the post war reserves from what I recall or acquired it later

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Do you know which side of the camo cover was favored by Marines in the field? Was it the green or the grey/ash side? Thank you

I agree good cover

I think these large eagles pre date Korea/53 dated covers but that's just me :)

Seen one in a foot locker group years ago and the guy had been In Japan during the occupation and never served in the post war reserves from what I recall or acquired it later

Do you know which side of the camo cover was favored by Marines in the field? Was it the green or the grey/ash side? Thank you

Late 40's early 50's. I bet you could research when the Commandant of the USMC issued an order/revision of the EGA being added to the camo cover and field cover. That is usually where this type of thing originates, I know from personal experience :rolleyes:

R.D.

Semper Fidelis-

I Collect USMC WWII uniforms, gear, patches, insignia. medals and ribbons. I also sell and trade Militaria of primarily the U.S. Military.

R.Delaney

Semper Fidelis-

Hi, can anybody tell me what time period is this USMC cover? Here is a picture of the label. It came on a front seam helmet. The green side is a leaf pattern. Thanks Steve

post-154231-0-73644500-1571535854_thumb.jpg

1959 dated USMC contract Mitchell camo helmet cover....very nice find.....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.